- This event has passed.
Conamara Bog Week
Sunday 28th May 2017 - Monday 5th June 2017
2017 Conamara Bog Week provides a space for the creative force that is at the heart of Conamara. This award-winning, multi-disciplinary, family friendly festival is now in its 33rd year and most events are free. The festival takes place in the Quaker village of Letterfrack, situated at the butt of the magical Diamond Mountain, which is the gateway to the Connemara National Park. It is adjacent to Kylemore Abbey, surrounded by mountains and on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. This fun packed festival is a celebration of landscape all wrapped in the very best of Irish traditional music Conamara Bog Week 2017 Highlights:
- 5km Family Run/Jog/Walk – fundraiser for Youth activities organised by Forum. Followed by Family Fun Day in Letterfrack.
- Daily guided walks in the Connemara National Park.
- Kylemore Abbey Concerts in the Gothic Church.
- After the success of last years Connemara Walkabout we are running more this year on the bank holiday weekend.
- Poetry in the Park on the bank holiday. This year we also plan to upgrade the Letterfrack Poetry Trail.
- Plenty of mighty pub gigs & sessions, featuring The Hernons, Johnny O Halloran, The Kane sisters, Conor Keane & more!
- Contemporary music with Jimmy Fitz, Paul O Driscoll and more to be announced!
Event OrganizerOrganizer: Conamara Bog Week
Phone: +353 85 115 4629
Event VenueVenue: Letterfrack Connemara
Letterfrack, Galway Ireland